What is a Dental Implant?
Whether you need to replace a single tooth or many teeth, dental implants can provide a permanent solution that will let you smile, laugh and enjoy your favourite foods with confidence.
Dental implants are specially-made titanium screws placed in the jawbone to serve as a firm foundation for a new tooth or denture that looks and feels completely natural.
Is a Dental Implant right for you?
Implants can provide a permanent and aesthetically alternative to bridgework or dentures. In most cases, it is impossible to distinguish an implant-supported tooth from a natural tooth. Dental implants:
- Look and feel like natural teeth
- Allow you to speak, smile and eat with confidence - unlike many bridges and dentures that often loosen and cause embarrassment
- Require no special care, just brushing and flossing like your natural teeth
What steps are involved in getting an implant?
If you recently lost a tooth or have full or partial dentures, you might want to consider a dental implant. Getting an implant is basically a three part process:
- An anchor - a titanium screw - is embedded in the jaw bone.
- A post is inserted into the anchor to hold an artificial tooth.
- The artificial tooth is attached to the post.
How permanent are Dental Implants?
When permanent teeth are lost, regardless of the reason or number of teeth, dental implants can offer a “new lease on life.” They are superior to other choices because they are solid, secure, and aesthetic. After nearly 35 years of use, they have a 90-95% proven success rate in appropriately chosen cases.
What Dental Implants Can Do For You:
- Accelerate and activate your life
- Provide a foundation for teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth
- Conserve your existing natural teeth
- Support a bridge - eliminating the need for a removable partial denture
- Provide support for a removable denture, making it more secure and comfortable
- Improve appearance and self-confidence
- Eliminate pain when chewing food with removable teeth
- Help maintain bone structure and facial features
- Maintain a more youthful and healthy appearance
- Allow you to eat your favourite foods again
- Provide comfort and convenience
- Give permanence and reliability